Refunds & Returns Policy
Please read over this policy before making a purchase from Pacific so that you may familiarise yourself with your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Please note that all refund & return requests are subject to the Pacific Website Terms & Conditions.
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have guaranteed legal rights for goods and services you purchase. These are called consumer guarantees; these cannot be excluded and are in addition to any extended warranty your product/s might come with. For more information, please visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
When can I request a refund, repair or replacement?
You are entitled to ask for a refund or replacement if your goods do not meet one of the following consumer guarantees:
- the item is of merchantable quality i.e. the goods must meet a level of quality and performance that would be reasonable to expect given the price and description
- the item is fit for the intended purpose as communicated by Pacific
- the item you bought matches the description given to you or the display model shown to you
- the item has spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless told otherwise
When can I NOT request a refund, repair or replacement?
Pacific is not obligated to provide you with a refund, repair or replacement when consumer guarantees do not apply; this includes if you:
- have simply changed your mind or made a wrong selection
- discover you can buy the goods cheaper elsewhere (except where we guarantee that goods cannot be purchased cheaper elsewhere)
- have misused the product in any way that contributed to the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults prior to purchasing the product
In the case of a minor problem, Pacific may offer you replacement part/s so that you may repair your product, or send a repair technician to carry out the repairs.
Replacements and refunds
In the case of a majorproblem, you have the right to ask for a replacement or refund.
Any requests for replacements or refunds must be made within a reasonable time of receiving the goods
If you are requesting for a replacement or refund, you must ensure that you:
- have taken reasonable care of the goods
- have not damaged the goods by using them in a way they were not meant to be used
- are able to prove that you purchased the goods from us or one of our authorised retailers
Replacements are subject to stock availability. If a product cannot be replaced, we will offer you a refund instead.
Refunds will either be processed via bank transactions or credit card (for store orders). These will normally be processed within five business days.
Goods Damaged in Transit
Pacific advises that you inspect your goods and report to us any damage within 72 hours of receiving them.
If any of your goods arrive damaged, please contact our service team via email@example.com Please attach images or videos to help our team understand what part/s are damaged.
Pacific will then arrange for either a replacement part/unit or refund.
How do I return my goods?
Do not attempt to return your goods before contacting the Pacific. We have specific procedures that need to be followed to ensure that the return proceeds smoothly.
Please contact our service team via firstname.lastname@example.org , attaching any relevant images/videos to help communicate any problems with the product, as well as a copy of the original sales invoice.
Our service team will endeavour to respond within ten business days with option/s for how to proceed.
Goods should be returned in their original condition in their original packaging within a reasonable time. This timeframe may vary depending on the product but should be preferably within 7 days of the date of receiving your goods.
What is a major problem?
A product has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is unsafe
- it is significantly different from the description or display model
- it is substantially unfit for its purpose and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time
Shipping and Labour Fees
- Where Pacific considers goods to have breached a consumer guarantee, Pacific will cover the cost of returning the goods to our warehouse.
- You may need to pay for additional labour or shipping costs where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply. This includes if the returned good/s are damaged due to your misuse of it.